Whichit US Country Manager
Whichit is an interactive content platform that enables marketers and publishers to increase user engagement, open new revenue streams & gain user-related insight. The company has a unique technology that profiles users based on their preferences and provides custom commercial incentives in real time.
Whichit’s recent awards include:
- ‘Startup of the year EMEA’ by Facebook, 2015.
- Winner of the Sirius Program by the UKTI, relocated from Israel Tel-Aviv to London in 2014.
- Winner of the ‘Innovate UK’ R&D funding award
- Winner of the People's Choice Award at Pitch@Palace by the Duke of York.
Whichit HQ is based in London, UK.
Whichit is now looking to launch their US (NYC) operations and is looking for a General Manager who will report directly to the CEO, be part of the global senior management team and be responsible for all aspects of the US launch.
This role involves defining the go-to-market strategy for the US market, and establishing and maintaining relationships with advertisers, agencies, publishers and partners in the US. The GM will be the sole face of the company in the most important market for Whichit and will lead and be responsible for all the operations for the US entity.
- Research, analyze and define the company’s target market and potential clients in the US.
- Define and execute a client acquisition strategy for the US consistent with the company's goals.
- Establish and scale strategic partnerships for the company.
- Manage the entire sales process from prospecting to closing deals, including meeting retention and customer success goals and then establishing a local sales force.
- Identify new opportunities and revenue streams based on the company’s products and services.
- Partner with the Global team to define and support the execution of a relevant and targeted marketing strategy, aligned with market strategy and revenue objectives.
- Build and manage the US team.
- Lead and manage the operation of the US entity.
- The role required traveling from time to time.
- Fluent English, spoken and written.
- A US citizen or an individual with a valid US working visa.
- Strong knowledge of the Ad-Tech, Mar-Tech and Media Agencies eco-systems in the US and NYC specifically.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Ad-Tech / Mar-Tech spaces preferably in the brand and agency space.
- Experience in building and managing a high-performance team.
- Track record in delivering business growth, especially in new or emerging technologies that require market education and consultative sales.
- A passion for hyper-growth early stage companies and a clear understanding of how to operate in such organizations and work with C-Level executives.
- Experience working in start-ups directly with C-Level executives.
- BA/BSe required, MBA from a top University preferred.
- Experience establishing a company in a new country or market preferable.
- Independent, a results-driven self-starter. Entrepreneurial experience - a plus.
- Strategic thinker, resourceful, creative problem solver able to initiate change and foster innovation.
- Strong time management abilities and project management skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to present effectively across multiple levels in an organization including C-level audiences, product and technical teams as well as Sales and Customer Success teams.
Please send CV, cover letter and links to LinkedIn and Facebook profiles: email@example.com
Only suitable applications will be responded.