Digital Content Manager
- Full time position, in central London
- Start: Immediate
- £28,000-33,000/year, depending on experience
The successful candidate will join an award-winning startup and will be leading the content creation strategy of the company. This role will have a lot of responsibility and freedom and so you must be a self-starter, reliable and able to organise and manage yourself in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for delivering creative content for Whichit and its clients, as well as initiating and producing compelling and persuasive content across various platforms (website, social media channels, blogposts and more). The ideal candidate will maximize opportunities for engagement, click-through and conversion by producing onsite copy, high-quality content, product descriptions, email marketing, and more, as required.
- To produce onsite copy, meta content, features, product descriptions, help center, blog posts, press releases, white papers, guides, guest posts and other content as required.
- To produce content for social media campaigns for Whichit and its clients.
- Manage Whichit's social media presence and increase engagement across all platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Plan and create content for newsletters and Email marketing campaigns.
- To develop SEO-friendly web content for Whichit with compelling and persuasive marketing copy, that maximises opportunities for ranking, clickthroughs and conversion.
- To monitor and track content in order to measure and report on success.
- To actively and frequently propose new and improved outreach ideas.
- Work as part of the Creative team and work closely with the Marketing team to understand client objectives and contribute to campaign strategy with creative, innovative ideas.
- To respond to internal / external briefs within specified timelines.
- Educated to degree level in English, media studies, communications studies, Marketing, journalism, PR or an equivalent specialism, preferably within a digital media environment.
- At least 2 years proven experience & success in writing professional web and marketing copy.
- Proven experience in writing press releases, news articles and press statements.
- Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem solving attitude.
- Highly creative and full of ideas and content generation skills.
- Excellent communications skills, with a solid knowledge of English grammar and the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly.
- Excellent working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills - able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel).
- Native-level English, both spoken and written (essential). Additional languages – a plus!
- Eligible to work in UK (no sponsorship)
- Within reasonable distance to commute to central London office
- Experience working with the media, journalist or pitching stories to the media.
- Extensive blogging experience.
- Previous experience working in startup companies.
- Previous experience working in SaaS / B2B companies.
- CV's over one page are strongly discouraged.
- Please include a cover letter of no more than 350 words.
- Include 2-3 examples of previous content you’ve created, preferred as links.
- Include links to personal Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles.
Whichit is an innovative marketing solution that enables brands and publishers to increase user engagement, open new revenue streams & gain user-related insight.
The company’s main product is Whichit for Advertisers – An interactive content platform that enables marketers and advertisers to create Interactive Commercial Content in minutes, and launch it across multi channels. The Whichit Ad unit can be delivered on publishers’ web pages; social channels; Ad-networks; native mobile and in-app.
About the Company
Whichit is a high growth startup, based in central London, in the middle of the startup sense and lead by professional and experience entrepreneurs.
The company won several awards for its products and services, such the 'Start-up of the Year EMEA' by Facebook, the Sirius Programme by the UK Government, the ‘People Choice Award’ by the Duke of York and the Innovate UK for its technology.
The Whichit team is a young, strong, sophisticated group of academic and professional experts in B.Sc. and Management, with exceptional abilities, experience and knowledge with crosses domains in the most leading companies like IBM, Ness Technologies and Mentor Graphics.
Please send your C.V and cover letter to: email@example.com
Mention in job title: "Digital Content Manager"
Only suitable applications will be responded.